The Asia – Pacific region holds many of the world’s climate vulnerable nations. With dense populations and great social and political divides, many countries who are already facing challenges prior to the COVID19 pandemic, face more vulnerabilities and challenges ahead.
The ReGEN Nations program is a 6 month learning journey and prototyping lab using whole systems thinking to design solutions for sociological, cultural, economic, and ecological resilience and regeneration, created by the Global Ecovillage Network Oceania and Asia (GENOA). Weaving together the wisdom of our rich cultural heritage with locally appropriate social and scientific methods and technologies, we aim to explore ways that heal and restore our selves, our communities, and our natural environments together.
We are delighted to welcome you to ReGEN Nations and to journey with us over the next few months. We have 16 teams from around around Asia and the Pacific, with 9 countries represented, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan, Philippines, Australia, Nepal, India, Sri Lanka, and Taiwan.
We will be learning together with our teams, facilitators, speakers, and mentors across the 4 areas of regeneration: Social, Cultural, Economic, and Ecological integrating into Whole Systems Design.
This program aims to:
- Enhance skills for empathic and agile leadership in times of complexity
- Provide knowledge, tools and information on regenerative design and solutions adapted to participant’s project needs
- Enable an ecosystem of support for peer to peer learning, cross-pollination of ideas, and collaboration for better impact.
This program will cover:
- A brief introduction to the Global Ecovillage Network
- Introduction to the Map of Regeneration and 32 Ecovillage Principles
- Live zoom sessions with thought leaders from ecovillages and organizations from the Region, access to all materials used, plus background materials on GEN/OA and Ecovillages
- Every month will have the same cycle as follows:
- Check-ins with the ReGEN Team and peers
- Leadership sessions
- Webinars with thought leaders from the region, based on a different Area of Regeneration
- Workshop based on a specific Area of Regeneration