For those curious about the Global Ecovillage Network, the organisation and network, this course gives an overview of the history, methodologies, resources, accomplishments, examples of well established ecovillages, and further opportunities for anyone to step (more) into GEN’s work. With almost 20 hours of content for you to explore, you will be able to jump between sections that interest you most to gain a deeper sense of what motivates GEN’s work and how we are catalyzing communities for a regenerative world.
This workshop is for you, if you want to:
- Get a somewhat systematic view of the work within the network and the organisation.
- Gain a broader sense of the methodologies and resources available to individuals, groups, and ecovillages.
- Start your journey within GEN, possibly leading to becoming a GEN Ambassador.
This workshop will cover:
- An introduction on the Map of Regeneration and the ecovillage design cards, from which we frame our work.
- An in depth look at our activities in the past year, including those of our 5 regions.
- An overview of some free resources and special guidance on how to use them and get the most out of our tools.
- A glimpse at two of our projects which are open to our members to participate.
- Case studies from 5 of the more established ecovillages, one from each region.
- Some of our favourite videos from the Online Summit and the Communities on Edge series.
- Finally, as a closing inspiration, an invitation to create and shape your role within the network, from joining a project to becoming a Friend of GEN or an Ambassador.