How can we create successful economic models centred in trust, cooperation, ethical practice and wellbeing, whilst simultaneously providing financial sustenance to support ourselves, our communities and wider society? How can we design regenerative businesses that support the health of both people and the planet?
This package brings together a set of nine talks and workshops from GEN Europe’s November 2021 online event Ecovillage Economics: Abundance in Community where experts and practitioners discussed these questions and more. Go beyond what you think you know about economics: hear from ecovillagers about the real experience of living in a totally shared economy; meet community-based entrepreneurs who have started their regenerative businesses within communities; discover the gift economy; and learn the ins and outs of community experiences with pensions, savings, investments and more.
The package features the following recorded sessions:
- Solidarity economy in communities: a panel discussion with social and solidarity economics experts Ana Margarida Esteves and Jason Nardi
- Inclusion of refugees in community with Elisa Garlaschi, gASTWERKe, Germany
- Unemployment in community with Riccardo Clemente, il Popolo degli Elfi, Italy
- Pensions and solidarity funds in community with Macaco Tamerice, Damanhur, Italy
- Internal investments and loans in community with Alex Walker, Findhorn, Scotland
- Gift economy and gift circles with Arne Bollinger, Ecobasa
- Common economies: a panel with representatives from La Comune di Bagnaia (Italy), gASTWERKe (Germany) and Myselium (Denmark)
- Business as a cultural change catalyst: a panel with activist Ella Noah Bancroft, CSA founder Adrian Areta, and community-based entrepreneur Tore Muurholm Dahl
Note: this package contains recordings from a past live event. Some of the workshops may contain instructions for breakout activities which took place in the live event.
The price for access to this content is 20 EUR.